Committee on Education, Training and CPD
To direct efforts on ensuring that standards of Education, Examination, Training & CPD within the region meet the acceptable benchmarks internationally and, the changing market requirements.
To facilitate SAFA members to:
- Integrate and establish harmony with syllabus in the Schools & University education in the Region.
- Bring the Education curriculum relevant to their respective fields of specialization in line with International Education Standards issued by IFAC.
- Ensure that academic process of study focus on the development of competence meeting with the requirements and expectations from the accountancy profession in a dynamic context.
- Pooling of resources in the SAFA region for being used in learning programmes for dissemination of professional education.
- Bringing harmony in the standards and quality of education imparted by the member bodies in the region.
- Facilitate an objective review of the quality and integrity of the examination system and examination evaluation process of the Member Bodies.
- Facilitate the development of common guidelines for examination systems and processes including grading, using the state of art technology and ensuring acceptable level of transparency.
- Facilitate the review and implementation of training formats to ensure that the training imparted to the students is relevant to the market demands, and the competencies expected from professional accountants.
- Ensure that the level of education and experience provided to the students fulfills the requirements of the User Role of IT.
4) Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
- Pool resources in the SAFA region for making available to member bodies for imparting best available CPE in cost effective manner and by using the State of Art Technology.
- Evolve system that would facilitate imparting CPE to Members according to their needs, and the expectation of the market.
- Develop common guidelines on CPE as minimum benchmark within the region with a view to giving reasonable level of assurance to the society that the members continue to have desired level of competence and values.
- Review that the member bodies do have a system for imparting the CPE, in line with common guidelines
|1||ICA India (Chairman)||CA. Jay Chhaira|
|2||ICA India||CA. Prasanna Kumar D (Co-opted)|
|3||ICA Bangladesh||Mr. Md. Abdul Kader Joaddar FCA|
|4||ICMA Bangladesh||Mr. Abu Sayed Md. Shaykhul Islam|
|5||ICA India(erstwhile ICWAI)||CMA Chittaranjan Chattopadhyay|
|6||ICA Nepal||CA. Bhaskar Singh Lala|
|7||ICA Pakistan||Mr. M. Sharif Tabani|
|8||ICMA Pakistan||Mr. Shehzad Ahmed Malik|
|9||CMA Sri Lanka||Mr. H.M.Hennayaka Bandara|
|10||CA Sri Lanka||Mr. Sanjaya Bandara|
|11||CPA Afghanistan||Ms.Sameera Sarwar|