Committee on Information Technology
The Terms of Reference of the Committee on Information Technology is placed
The mission of the committee is to lead digital transformation of the accountancy
profession in the SAFA region by developing and disseminating best practices and
resources on emerging technologies.
1. To undertake an initial survey within the member bodies of the SAFA Region
for stimulating discussion about a broad range of emerging and converging
technologies and their potential impact on accounting and assurance.
2. To promote usage of Digital Competency maturity model developed by ICAI
amongst Accounting firms of SAFA regions to enable them to assess Digital
Competency of their Firm.
3. To encourage research among members of the SAFA Member bodies on
developing position papers on emerging technologies like, blockchain,
cybersecurity, data analytics, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, etc.
4. To encourage adoption of digital technologies in finance function by
accountants in SAFA region and thereby leverage on global digital economic
5. To develop a framework of good governance in adoption of digital
technologies in professional work by accountants.
6. To arrange for regional programmes in the SAFA Region for taking the pulse
of the challenges accountancy profession faces in digital era, and making the
profession digital ready.
7. To train and encourage members in using Audit tools and techniques.
8. To promote replication of Forensic Accounting and Investigation Standards as
formulated by ICAI amongst SAFA member bodies
|1||ICA India (Chairman)||CA. Charanjot Singh Nanda|
|2||ICA India (Co-opted)|
|3||ICA Bangladesh||Mr. Mahmudul Hasan Khusru|
|4||ICMA Bangladesh||Mr. Arif Khan|
|CMA Ashwin G.Dalwadi|
|6||ICA Nepal||CA. Santosh Kafle|
|7||ICA Pakistan||Mr. Zeeshan Ijaz|
|8||ICMA Pakistan||Mr. Shaham Ahmad|
|9||CA Sri Lanka||Mr. Tishan Subasinghe|
|10||CMA Sri Lanka||Mr. Jehan Perimpanayagam|
|11||ICA Maldives||Mr. Abdulla Zakariyya|