Committee on Information Technology
The mission of the committee is to lead digital transformation of the accountancy profession in the SAFA region by developing and disseminating best practices and resources on emerging technologies.
1. To undertake an initial survey within the member bodies of the SAFA Region for stimulating discussion about a broad range of emerging and converging technologies and their potential impact on accounting and assurance.
2. To develop an appropriate strategy on competency development of members in digital area for assessing their current digital competence and also encouraging them to move to the next level.
3. To encourage research among members of the SAFA Member bodies on developing position papers on emerging technologies like, blockchain, cybersecurity, data analytics, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, etc.
4. To encourage adoption of digital technologies in finance function by accountants in SAFA region and thereby leverage on global digital economic ecosystem.
5. To develop a framework of good governance in adoption of digital technologies in professional work by accountants.
6. To arrange for regional programmes in the SAFA Region for taking the pulse of the challenges accountancy profession faces in digital era, and making the profession digital ready.
7. To train and encourage members in using Audit tools and techniques
|1||ICA India (Chairman)||CA. Charanjot Singh Nanda|
|2||ICA India (Co-opted)|
|3||ICA Bangladesh||Mr. Gopal Chandra Ghosh FCA|
|4||ICMA Bangladesh||Mr. Md. Munirul Islam FCMA|
|CMA Ashwin G.Dalwadi|
|6||ICA Nepal||CA. Santosh Kafle|
|7||ICA Pakistan||Mr. Zeeshan Ijaz|
|8||ICMA Pakistan||Mr. Shaham Ahmad|
|9||CA Sri Lanka||Mr. Tishan Subasinghe|
|10||CMA Sri Lanka||Mr. Jehan Perimpanayagam|
ICAI Digital Learning Hub