Women Leadership Committee
Women Leadership Committee
South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA) constituted the SAFA Women Leadership Committee in its Board meeting held on May 11, 2018, in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Terms of Reference
- To conceive, formulate and implement plans, policies and programmes for development of Women Members and encourage girls to opt for CA course as their career.
- To represent interests of Women Members at Government and industry forums.
- To interact with various stakeholders in various sectors, self-regulatory organistions and Government on matters relating to growth and development of Women Members.
- To organise specialized training programmes for Women Members to prepare them for the role of women director in companies.
- To visualise and enhance opportunities for Women Members who opt to work part time from their homes.
- To involve Women Members in various activities and particularly the Women Members who are not able to leave their homes.
- To involve Women Members in research projects in a manner that the work schedules are flexible.
- To encourage and develop the entrepreneurship skills in Women Members.
- To acknowledge and honour the accomplishment and contributions by Women Members.
- Any other matter as decided by the Committee from time to time
|1||Pakistan||ICA Pakistan||Ms. Hina Usmani (Chairperson)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|ICMA Pakistan||Ms. Samia Ashraf Bhattiemail@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Sri Lanka||CA Sri Lanka||Ms. Chamila Cooray (Vice Chairperson)||email@example.com|
|CMA Sri Lanka||Ms. Darshini Watawalafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Bangladesh||ICA Bangladesh||Ms. Maria Howladeremail@example.com|
|ICMA Bangladesh||Ms. Akhtar Sanjida Kasemfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||India||ICA India||CA. K Sripriyaemail@example.com|
|ICMA India||CMA Parvathy Venkatesh|
|5||Maldives||ICA Maldives||Ms. Fareeha Shareeffirstname.lastname@example.org ,
|6||Nepal||ICA Nepal||RA. Meera Shresthaemail@example.com|
Meeting of Top Leaders in Accountancy
The SAFA Women Leadership Committee has taken an initiative to work on a global scale, aiming to foster the advancement of leadership roles of women accountants. In this respect, a virtual meeting is planned with the top leaders from SAFA member bodies and professional accountancy organizations around the globe for a policy dialogue focused on sharing best practices and developing initiatives to enhance women’s leadership. This dialogue will serve as a platform to compare international best practices, assess the current status of women in leadership positions, and formulate actionable recommendations for respective governments.
The SAFA Women Leadership Committee (WLC) successfully organized the ‘First SAFA Women Entrepreneurship Program’ virtually from May 3rd to June 28th, 2023.
All women of SAFA member Accountancy Organizations will be eligible to participate in the program. There is no working or practice experience is required to attend the program and it can be attended from any location around the world.
The program will be for a total duration of nine weeks held on every Wednesday commencing 3 May and ending on 28 June 2023.
All online registrations should be made by 25th April 2023.
Register Now http://bit.ly/40VYoud
Please read full brochure for more details.
SAFA Women’s Day Celebrations
SAFA as a supportive body for diversity and inclusion, proudly announces declaration of 15 March as SAFA Women’s Day to be celebrated every year with zeal and enthusiasm for establishing an inclusive culture at the workplace. This initiative supports the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal 5 and will build strong connectivity among SAFA women.
SAFA Women’s Day Celebrations 2023
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan hosted the first SAFA Women’s Day Event 2023 on behalf of SAFA Women Leadership Committee (WLC) on Wednesday, March 15, 2023 online through Zoom and Facebook live. The theme of this event was ‘Building a Sustainable Future Through Diversity and Inclusion’ with hashtag #EmbraceEquity.
SAFA Women Entrepreneurship Program
SAFA Women Leadership Committee aims to train and facilitate the SAFA women accountants to become worthy practitioners by leveraging their innate entrepreneurial capabilities. This will provide them opportunities to become the part of workforce using their technical and professional skills in flexible working environment.